Sunday, March 5, 2017

Animal Jam Fanfiction + Story Cards + Even more JM fanart!

  Heyo Jammers!  I've got some cool stuff to share with you today, so here we go!

  I decided to post my Animal Jam fanfiction story, The Time-Freeze, here on my blog!  I've wanted to do this in the past, but I never did because I was worried that I wasn't going to finish the story.  I only have about 6 chapters so far, but I hope that you guys will inspire me to keep writing this story, so yesterday I posted the first chapter on my new page, The Time-Freeze (AJ Fanfiction)!  I'll also be posting each chapter in regular posts as I release them, so that you'll know whenever I have a new chapter out.

  So of course, here's Chapter One!

Chapter One- The Phantom-Archaeologist!

  Fuzzy Bravegem checked her map one last time.  Her eyes sparkled with excitement.  "The location of the legendary Phantom Temple should be somewhere near here!" she said in hushed enthusiasm.  She eagerly searched the horizon for something resembling an ancient temple, but all she could see was the vast, swampy forest, along with a few mosquitoes.  One buzzed near her ear, and she pawed at it in an attempt to swipe it away.  It evaded her paw, buzzing out of reach.  Fuzzy huffed in annoyance, then continued to scan the forest around her.  The mosquito buzzed back, and Fuzzy turned to face the insect, growing quite irritated.  She swatted at it again.  The mosquito flew around her head, and Fuzzy continued attempting to swat it.  She chased the mosquito through the trees, running around in a crazed dance, paws flailing, as she tried to swipe at it.  She greatly regretted not bringing bug spray.
But suddenly, Fuzzy tripped over a rock!  "Oomph!" she exclaimed.   She stood up and shook the dirt off of her fur, then looked at the rock that had tripped her.  It was absolutely humongous!  Fuzzy examined it a bit closer, and then she gasped.  The rock was in the shape of... a PHANTOM!  There were more phantom-shaped rocks laying all around her.  That mosquito had just aided her in the most amazing discovery of the century- she, Fuzzy Bravegem, had found the Phantom Temple!!!!
  Fuzzy grabbed her shovel out of her huge backpack, and immediately began uncovering the buried temple.  Suddenly, her shovel hit something that made a horrible shattering noise.  Fuzzy gasped.  What have I hit?? she wonders, worrying that she had damaged a priceless artifact in her excitement.  But it was far worse than that, she realized, as a dark fog filled the air- a fog darker than the deepest dark she had ever seen.  Fuzzy took a step back.  "W-what?" she whispered in fear, as the dark fog slowly took shape.... the shape of a PHANTOM!!!!
  "Oh.  My.  Mira," murmured Fuzzy, her eyes wide with fear.  A real, live PHANTOM! Released by HER!  She didn't know whether to be amazed- or very, very scared.  The phantom stretched and yawned- a big, long yawn.  It hovered in the air in front of Fuzzy.
"Oh, my!" it said as it stretched out its tentacles, its voice deep and sounding almost... distorted. "Pardon me, ma'am, but what year is it?" it inquired.  Fuzzy stuttered for about a minute before she was able to stammer out an answer.
  "Er, umm, 2017," she managed to say at last.  The phantom's eye widened and it stopped stretching.
  "My, my! I have been trapped in that dreadful prison for quite some time!" it exclaimed.  Fuzzy continued to stare at it in awe.
  "Who exactly ARE you?" she asked it.  The phantom laughed- its distorted laughter giving Fuzzy a deep chill that ran down her spine.

  "Your animal tongue would be quite unable to pronounce my name.  You may call me simply, the Phantom.  Now, I have a little, teeny-tiny question to ask you and if you answer it correctly, I just may let you go," it said.  Fuzzy knew she should have been scared- terrified; even more than terrified!, and she was, of course.  But the scientist in her was completely in awe of the fact that she was speaking to an actual PHANTOM that it blocked her screaming urge to run away, as far away as possible from this creature of darkness.
 "Of-of course!" she said.  This is an incredible opportunity to study a real, true, live phantom, she thought.
  The Phantom smiled- another chill ran down Fuzzy's spine.  She was already starting to regret ignoring that need to get away.  "Good girl.  Now, tell me, did the Alpha's plans to trap all the phantoms in a Dark Realm succeed?" it asked.  Fuzzy nodded.
 "Why, yes! I myself have visited the very portal they used to do it!  Of course, they moved the crystal that powered it to the Museum, but it's still QUITE a sight to behold!" she said, emitting a short, nervous laugh at the end.  A rather irritating trait of hers was to babble on and on whenever she grew nervous- and honestly, what sane being wouldn't be nervous when speaking to a phantom?
  The Phantom smiled that cruel, twisted smile once more, and Fuzzy gulped audibly.  "Thank you very much.  And now, you are going to take me to this portal, and this museum, so that I can free my brethren and we can invade Jamaa!!!" it cried.  Fuzzy gasped.  The amazement was gone- in its place was just that overwhelming fear.
"You're CRAZY!" she exclaimed, and she finally obeyed her primal instinct to RUN.  She tried to gallop away from the phantom, and suddenly, the phantom thought that perhaps, just perhaps, telling the archaeologist about its plans wasn't such a good idea.
  "Come back here!" it yelled at the arctic wolf, but Fuzzy didn't stop running through the trees.  The phantom roared, then attacked  her!!!

***

  Cliffhangers!  Hooray!  What do you think will happen to Fuzzy?  I think I'll post the next chapter next week...  But anyways, if you're writing an Animal Jam fanfiction yourself, you'll know that it can be pretty hard to figure out what happens next.  I invented a fun game that can help with that!

  It's called Animal Jam Story Cards.  What are Story Cards, you ask?  Well, it's a fun game that me and my sister, Cowie01, invented.  We would make cards and write random story inspirations on them, like, 'A character is betrayed' or 'A character finds a friend', then use them to create a story!  I decided to make my own, Animal Jam version, to help with writing The Time-Freeze, and thought I'd share them with you guys, too!

  If you're thinking about writing an Animal Jam fanfiction and don't know where to start, or perhaps you're already writing an AJ fanfiction but you're stuck and don't know what should happen next.  Just print out these cards, cut them out, shuffle them, and start your story =D  

  The cards are just there for inspiration; you can interpret them however you like.  For example, if you're writing a very serious AJ fanfic, and you get the 'a character gets scammed' card but it doesn't fit in with the story, be creative!  Maybe instead of being scammed of items, they get conned or tricked in another way.






  If you can think of some cool things for other AJ Story Cards, be sure to let me know in the comments down below!  I might make some more Story Cards and include your suggestions!  And also let me know if you use these cards to write your own AJ fanfiction; I'd love to read it!

  And of course, it's time for me to share with you today's fanart for Swirlshine's Jamaasian Middle story!  Sooo, you know how I said I was going to draw one blogger a day?  Well, yesterday, I couldn't help myself, and I drew 3 bloggers.  Hehe.... anyways, here they are!




  As always, if you also read this story or you have a character in the story, fill out the form on my Jamaasian Middle Fan Art page for your character or any character(s) I haven't got the description of yet, and I'll draw them!

  Thanks for reading this blog post!  What do you think of The Time-Freeze?  Will you use the Animal Jam Story Cards?  What Blogger should I draw next?  Let me know in the comments down below!



 If you want to order art by me, click here!

  I moderate comments before they appear on the website; CLICK HERE to view the comment rules!  I love reading all your awesome comments ;)

And of course, keep drawing and have a pawsome day!


Watch all my videos at Crazcatlover AJ on YouTube!

17 comments:

  1. I showed my mom and stepdad the picture u made me and they said it's like professional art! How old are you? Sorry if that's personal info, I'm just wondering because your art is amazing if your like 12 or 13!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd prefer not to say specifics, but I'm not 12 or 13, heh =)

      Delete
    2. 14? 😜 It's totally okay if you prefer not to answer. I'm not aloud to share my age, and I completely understand if you can't :)

      Delete
    3. I don't want to say anything specific because of stalkers on the internet XD

      Delete
    4. Ah, gotcha :)

      Remember, God made YOU!

      Delete
  2. That is literally me oh my flipsadoodling breadsticks it is amazing I am in shock :o

    -kraft

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Cat!
    TYSM FOR DRAWING MEH AHHH
    Ehehe
    By the way, what kind of pencils do you use to draw these? Charcoal? Or just a regular #2 pencil? I must try to draw like you o.o XDD

    Remember, God made YOU!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hai, Gracie! You're welcome =3
      I used a regular, #2 mechanical pencil I got from the dollar store XD Mechanical pencils are my favorite type of pencil; they're always totally sharpened so you don't need to take a break while drawing to sharpen your pencil.

      Haha, it takes a lot of practice to draw like this. Try using reference photographs; that's what I do ;)

      Delete
    2. Ooh okay! I'll try that c: Thanks! <3

      Remember, God made YOU!

      Delete
  4. I didn't even comment on the story cards
    I have done every single one of these in my stories (some of which are on animaljamfanfiction.blogspot.com, if you're curious ), except for a character getting scammed(I think)

    -Kraft

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool!

    How I use the story cards is I print them all out, cut the cards out, shuffle them, and then I take a card and start writing! Every time I feel like it's time for something new to happen, I grab a new card =D

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH THOSE STORY CARDS ARE AMAZINGGG XD

    THOSE DRAWINGS ARE EVEN MORE AMAZINGGGGGGGGGG XD

    ReplyDelete
  7. What drawings do you look at for character sketches like the JH characters?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't look at drawings, I look at photographs! I use a photo reference. Being a weird person, I look at the Target (you know, the store?) website for reference photos. I look at the reference photo as I draw.

      Delete
    2. Oh okay! Thanks!

      Delete

I want my blog to be enjoyable for Jammers of all ages, so I moderate all comments before they are posted to the site. Comments typically get approved within a few hours. Please make sure your comments follow my guidelines so that this site can stay safe for all Jammers!

LINKS MUST BE ANIMAL JAM RELATED AND APPROPRIATE!
Don't include links to any non-Animal Jam related or inappropriate websites! Comments containing links to unrelated or inappropriate websites will not be approved. Please don't spam or advertise!

NO BAD WORDS!
I will never approve any comments with swear words, or any mean, inappropriate, offensive, or unsuitable language. I want my blog to be OK for all Jammers, so please keep your comments appropriate for young children!

BE NICE!
Keep your comments kind; I will not approve comments that contain bullying!

NO PERSONAL INFO!
I will not approve comments containing or asking for personally identifiable information, including full names or last names, addresses, e-mails, phone numbers, social media (except YouTube), etc.

Please read the complete rules for more information: http://thecrazcatblog.blogspot.com/p/blog-rules.html

Thank you for understanding, and I can't wait to read your awesome comments :D