Wednesday, June 7, 2017

Delayed Art + I need YOUR help!

  Heyo, Jammers!  Sooooo I kinda missed the speedart video for Tuesday.  Again.  I keep underestimating how much time it takes to draw while keeping an eye on a rambunctious puppy. (Wow, I can't believe I spelled 'rambunctious' correctly there...)
  I've made a lot of progress on the art, but it's still not finished.  I'll try to post the video on today or Thursday.  Probably Thursday.  Anywho, here's the art so far.  I still need to work on the hat, and the tail armor, and the boots, but I really like how it's turned out so far!

  Also, I need YOUR help!  Since the first episode of Crazcat Chats seems to be doing well, I want to work on another episode.  A lot of Jammers ask me for tips on how to draw, so I want to share some.  I would love to be able to showcase art by my viewers, seeing as I kind of no longer make Animal Jam Art Gallery...  Anyways, if you want your art featured, just let me know down in the comments below!  Give me a link to a couple of your drawings, tell me what part of the drawing you maybe had a hard time with, as well as what you found easier in the drawings (like the face, position, background, how you colored it, shading, etc) and share some tips on how to draw what you found easier to draw.

  Your art will be featured in the video, along with your art advice and I'll also share my own advice for how to draw whatever you had a hard time with.  And of course, you'll get full credit for your art and advice!  No matter what level your art is at, you can enter.  I want the video to be about encouraging people of all skill levels to draw!

  You can enter by commenting on this post or by sending an e-mail to crazcatloverajartcontest@gmail.com .

  By the way, today is the last day to vote on my poll for what video you want me to make for my one year YouTube-versary!


  This poll will be open until Midnight tonight, Eastern Standard Time, so make sure you submit your vote before then!


 I moderate comments before they appear on the website; CLICK HERE to view the comment rules!  I love reading all your awesome comments ;)

And of course, keep drawing and have a pawsome day!


Watch all my videos at Crazcatlover AJ on YouTube!

8 comments:

  1. Here is my art, Cat!
    1. https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1axh6cLIcHVVzNpRXEtWnV2Wkk
    The animal in this drawing was a fox, which I always had a hard time drawing. It's just the face that is so hard to capture when you're drawing a fox. And so, I used a reference photograph. It's still not the best fox someone could draw but at least it's better than what I usually do when I draw foxes just by looking at AJ pictures. So, yeah, using references is really helpful and it's not copying (what some artists use as an excuse to get away from references.)

    2. https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1axh6cLIcHVRU55VG9uYVphNVE
    This drawing has quite a lot of anatomical problems but that's because I didn't use a reference in this one. The main mistake I see that I made in this drawing was the usage of shadows and lighting in the wrong places. Shadows are quite hard to get right, can you give some tips on how you shade drawings?
    ----------------
    Those were the two drawings I want to enter. I hope I helped. :D If these aren't enough, let me know and I'll enter in more. :)
    And that Wisteriamoon drawing looks awesome so far. I really like how you gave her a pirate kind of look. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for entering your art! Those drawings are great as well as the advice! Reference photographs are very important :)
      When shading your drawing, imagine where the light source is coming from. Draw a blob or white lines to indicate that source, and highlight the places the light would be shining on and darken the places the light wouldn't reach :)

      Delete
  2. Ooh, I would love it if you could feature my art. :D

    Here's a link: http://animaljamjumble1.blogspot.ca/2017/05/improving-my-art-and-art-gift-for-friend.html

    (The art I want you to feature it of me and Swirl. :D)

    What I had a hard time with is drawing my deer. Deer are kinda hard with drawing clothes on them for me. Plus, I wanted the deer to look 'cutesy' so that was an interesting challenge. :P

    What I did have an easy time with is the colors. It's good to have LOTS of colored pencils so you can mix around colors. Plus, it's nice to blend two colors to make a new color. Like, if you want a orange color for hair but you don't want it to be too bright, you can mix brown with it. Or for shading, if you have a dark color, you can add some black colored pencil to the area you want shaded. It's gives a nice, dark area. ^.^

    Welp. I'm done. XD

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kraft, I just want to let you know I did see your art and copied and pasted what you wrote in the comment into wordpad so I can use it in the video, but I removed the comment because of the website your art is on isn't entirely kid friendly. Thanks for the comment!

      Delete
    2. Ok :) I understand, I just don't really have any other website to post on, unfortunately.
      -Kraft

      Delete
  4. I has speedart video questions ^.^ Sorry I haven't done this in a while!

    1. You have suddenly been transported into Animal Jam. What do you do first?
    2. How did you develop your art style?
    3. What kinds of pencils do you use for drawing?
    4. What kind land would you like to come to Animal Jam?
    5. What's your favorite den/clothing item?

    Hope you enjoy c:

    Remember, God made YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can you feature my art?
    I'm not sure how to get a link, but I'll set the ones I want in the front of my den.
    The husky ones, for the one with just the husky, It was super hard getting the tongue, and I'm still not happy with how it turned out.
    With the husky and the girl. I need tips for eyes. Argh they never look right!
    Tysm! :D
    And sorry I haven't been commenting D:
    *King Tough Bunny

    ReplyDelete

I want my blog to be enjoyable for Jammers of all ages, so I moderate all comments before they are posted to the site. Comments typically get approved within a few hours. Please make sure your comments follow my guidelines so that this site can stay safe for all Jammers!

LINKS MUST BE ANIMAL JAM RELATED AND APPROPRIATE!
Don't include links to any non-Animal Jam related or inappropriate websites! Comments containing links to unrelated or inappropriate websites will not be approved. Please don't spam or advertise!

NO BAD WORDS!
I will never approve any comments with swear words, or any mean, inappropriate, offensive, or unsuitable language. I want my blog to be OK for all Jammers, so please keep your comments appropriate for young children!

BE NICE!
Keep your comments kind; I will not approve comments that contain bullying!

NO PERSONAL INFO!
I will not approve comments containing or asking for personally identifiable information, including full names or last names, addresses, e-mails, phone numbers, social media (except YouTube), etc.

Please read the complete rules for more information: http://thecrazcatblog.blogspot.com/p/blog-rules.html

Thank you for understanding, and I can't wait to read your awesome comments :D